Vienna electorate collection
20.9.2015 by ramon bauer
Several Metropop contributions are dealing with the topic of Vienna’s shrinking electorate. This is a collection of related blog posts and data visualisations.
Although Vienna’s population is steadily increasing since the late 1980s, the growth of its electorate cannot keep up with population growth. Recent population gains are driven by an increasing influx of international migrants. The result is a growing democratic deficit. As long as foreign nationals are excluded from participating in citywide or national elections, Vienna’s electorate gap is getting wider and wider.
Check out the Metropop collection of related blog posts and data visualisations:
- Two faces of the 2015 Vienna elections (2015-10-12) – Maps by Tina Frank & Ramon Bauer.
- The citizenship dilemma (2015-10-09) – Blog post by Ramon Bauer & Markus Speringer.
- Vienna’s electoral gap – district by district (2015-09-20) – Blog post by Ramon Bauer.
- The Vienna electorate gap poster (2015-09-20) – Infographic by Ramon Bauer, Tina Frank and Michael Holzapfel.
- Interactive data map of Vienna’s electorate gap, district by district (2015-09-17) – Data visualisation by Ramon Bauer, Tina Frank, Michael Holzapfel and Clemens Schrammel.
- The shrinking electorate of Vienna (2013-09-02) – Blog post by Ramon Bauer.